Monday, May 28, 2012

UAAP Courtside Reporter Wannabe

A big fan of DLSU Green Archers who started watching UAAP games since she was in high school. Winning shots, drastic losses from the known rival ADMU Blue Eagles, and screaming from the top of her lungs while watching live actions.. Yup, that's me.


I've been that little girl watching with her dad every time UAAP seasons start. It's fun and less hassle to watch the games on television, but I have to admit... the school spirit, roaring crowds of green & white are the things I love about going to Araneta Coliseum and cheering for my bet team/school. (The feeling of being high, nearly equivalent.)


So if I, an ordinary fan standing from the lower/upper box of the coliseum, feels ecstatic seeing the players from afar, what more can those privileged ones feel? The ones like the courtside reporters? It must feel great.


As I entered college, in the wrong school (UP Manila - nothing against the university. It's just that it's not my dream alma mater.) I still continued to root for the Archers in all aspects. This year, I'm 18, legal and yes, can try out as the next courtside reporter. Wooh! Imagine me screaming. So I passed my resume and pictures via online to ABS-CBN Sports. Just trying my luck, indeed.


After a few months, probably three, I received a call from Sir Miki of ABS-CBN Sports. 1st round of auditions, here I come.


May 17, 2012 -- Out of the thousands who passed their CVs, I am the 45th auditionee scheduled on 3pm. I met some other students from DLSU (JP Hipolito & Kim Rodriguez - Hi, guys!) and fellow UP Manila student, Mau Turingan. By the way, let's rewind. Days before, I did research. Honestly want this so I read blogs and write-ups of previous reporters' experiences in the audition. So I expected long, pressure-filled and exhausting audition based on what I have read. But this is what actually happened...


3 insane minutes of talking infront of a panel, looking at a camera, holding a microphone and staying as composed as I can. Seriously, I kept pinching myself after I left the room and asked myself, "T@*%^#, nangyari ba talaga 'yun? Parang dream lang ah." The panel was composed of ABS-CBN Sports team, and a familiar face of Patricia Carlos Not sure if she was a previous CR, too.


3 questions for the shortest audition I had:

  1. Introduce yourself and tell us why you're here.
  2. What team should we place you as a courtside reporter and why?
  3. Would your scholarship be affected if ever you're chosen?
By the way I've answered these questions, I don't know if I was able to impress the panel in the three-minute mark given to me. So I'm hoping for the best, waiting for a second call. If not, well... <////3 HAHA kidding, there's still next year. ;) Just glad and honored to be able to experience this and meet new great people along the way.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you send your application? I wasn't able to catch the e-mail on the commercial on TV. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure if ABS-CBN's using the same e-mail address this year but I sent mine here: abscbnsports@yahoo.com :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there :) I'm Pia. I tried the address you gave but it's not working. Had you send your application successfully?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pia! Fortunately, yes I was able to send it successfully. But as you can see, this blog post was last 2012 so I'm not really sure if they're still using the same e-mail. You could probably check ABS-CBN's website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What month did you send your CV to? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! What was written on your resume? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 minutes ba per question?

    ReplyDelete